Supported GPS Receivers
Please note that many GPS receivers support data transfer via memory card files - see your user manual
for the method used by your GPS.
Please check the list of import/export
file formats to see if GPSU supports your GPS via File|Open... and File|Save As... rather than by a wired interface.
If in doubt, please try your GPS using the Freeware version of GPS Utility -
all interface functions are enabled in this version.
- GPS Utility has been tested with many (but not all!)
The Garmin USB interface is now supported.
Please let the author know if you find a Garmin GPS which does not work with
The Garmin IQue (PDA GPS) and the following old Garmin products are
not supported: GPS150, GNC300, GPS155, GNC250, GNC250XL and GNC300XL.
The Garmin Geko 101 does not have a PC connection.
- Magellan products are also supported.
The following are known to work: Meridian, Sportrak, 315/320, 330, 410, 2000XL, 3000XL, NAV6000, Explorist range, but
other Magellans may work as well. The 5000DLX is only supported via the NMEA interface.
- MLR receivers for waypoint and route upload and download.
- Furuno (GP30/35, GP31/36, 32/37, 1650, 1850 and Navnet Series) receivers for waypoint and route upload and download.
- Simrad Shipmate (CP32, RS5700) receivers for waypoint upload and download.
- Silva/Brunton receivers for waypoint/route upload/download and track download
- Northstar (941, 951, 952 Series, and 6000i series) receivers for waypoint upload and download.
- Raytheon receivers (NAV398, RN300, Chartplotter) for waypoint upload/download.
- Standard Horizon for waypoint upload/download.
- Lowrance/Eagle possibly with minor limitations.
- Other receivers (perhaps with some limitations) using the NMEA interface.